1 - Rules
- 1.1 - IberCup will be played in accordance with applicable sections of the FIFA rules. In questions of interpretations of FIFA rules, the English text applies.
- 1.2 - The club has to be a member of their FIFA affiliated national association. In countries where football is operated by the schools, we also allow teams affiliated with their school football association.
- 1.3 - The teams are divided into groups of four up to six teams each, depending on the final number of teams in each age category.
- 1.4 - The place on the IberCup group table will be determined according to their points. Three points are awarded to a win, one point to a draw and zero points to a loss.
- 1.5 - If two or more teams have the same number of points, the order will be decided as follows:
1st. Goal difference.
2st. Highest number of goals scored.
3rd. Results of match(es) between teams with equal points (Head-to-head).
4th. Highest number of victories
5th. Coin toss challange
- 1.6 - The competition system is determined by the following rules:
1.6.1 - Teams will meet eachother in the group stage playing on round robin series.
1.6.2 - The order among the teams will be decided according to points.
1.6.3 - In the event that a team is disqualified or withdraws during the group stage, all the results will be changed to 0-3 in favor of the opponent.
- 1.7 - The participation in the Playoff Stage or Super Group Stage is determinate by the following rules (may change depending on the final number of teams participating in each age category):
1.7.1 - Super Groups
1.7.1 - Playoffs
18.104.22.168 - All Playoff matches will be decided by the IberCup system, i.e. by direct elimination.
22.214.171.124 - In the event that a match ends with a draw in the playoff stage, the winner will be decided by penalty shootout according to FIFA rules.
126.96.36.199 - All players of any age category are allowed to participate in the penalty shootout decision, as long they are registered in the match.
188.8.131.52 - In the event that the teams finish tied at the end of the round of 5 penalties, the winner will be decided after one team scores and the other fails in their turn.
1.7.2 - In the event that a team is disqualified or withdraws during playoff matches, the opposing team will move on in the competition.
2 - Age Categories
- Born in 2015 - 5v5
- Born in 2014 - 5v5
- Born in 2013 - 7v7
- Born in 2012 - 7v7
- Born in 2011 - 7v7
- Born in 2010 - 7v7
- Born in 2009 - 11v11
- Born in 2008 - 11v11
- Born in 2008 - 7v7
3 - Players
- 3.1 - In all categories, the maximum number of players per team is double the number of the competition format.
- 3.1.1 - Age categories with 5v5 format - Maximum of 4 and minimum of 2 team leaders per team.
- 3.1.2 - Age categories with 7v7, 9v9 and 11v11 format - Maximum of 6 and minimum of 2 team leaders per team.
- 3.2 - All players must be able to show proof of age and identity.
- 3.3 - We recommend that all players use the same shirt number throughout the tournament.
3.3.1 - If players change numbers between matches, the coach or team leader must update that information before the match starts or all the match statistics from that player will be missed.
- 3.4 - Teams can use all the players that are registred on the system for the competition.
- 3.5 - For substitutions, players must follow the following rules:
3.5.1 - A substituted player may reenter in the match.
3.5.2 - Substitution can be done without stopping the match, but only after the referee permission.
3.5.3 - The substitutions must be made within the technical area of the team or, if there is not a defined area, on the center line of the field.
3.5.4 - The player can only enter the field when his team-mate is out of legal playing area and after the referee permission.
- 3.6 - Incorrect substitutions will be punished with yellow card.
- 3.7 - On a goalkeeper substitution the match has to be stopped and the referee has to be informed.
- 3.8 - A player may represent the same club in various age groups, but the player may not represent different teams in the same age group.
- 3.9 - If a player represents a club in several age groups, the player must be included on the list of participants for all teams that this player will be playing for.
3.9.1 - If a player represents a club in several age groups, but is only registred for one team, the player will not be allowed to participate for the rest of the teams. If this happens, he will be excluded from the competition and the team will lose by 0-3 the mateches in which this player participated.
- 3.10 - If a club competes with two or more teams in the same age category, players from those teams cannot switch teams. If this happens, they will be excluded from the competition and the team will lose by 0-3 the mateches in which these players participated.
- 3.11 - Teams that use players who do not appear on the registration form may be excluded from the tournament.
- 3.12 - Players are not allowed to register throughout the competition. The limit for registering players is up to 24 hours before the start of the first match. After validation and accreditation, no further player registrations are accepted.
4 - Playing Period
- 4.1 - On the age categories with 5v5, 7v7 and 9v9 competition formats, there will be 2 (two) halfs of 20 (twenty) minutes each.
- 4.2 - On the age categories with 11v11 competition format, there will be 2 (two) halfs of 25 (twenty five) minutes each.
- 4.3 - There will be 2 minutes Half-Time for all the matches in all the age categories.
- 4.4 - All the matches will start on time, according to the schedules disclosed.
5 - Match Details
- 5.1 - Team list:
5.1.1 - In all matches it is mandatory to check the online roster sheet with the field manager before the match start`s.
5.1.2 - All players registered in the competition must be included in the match sheet.
5.1.3 - If a player is not on the match sheet, it cannot be used in the match. In this case the team leader should contact the competition administrative services to resolve the situation.
184.108.40.206 - Any player or leader not included on the roster, cannot access to the technical area.
5.1.4 - The match sheet is always active with the information from the previous match. If it needs to be updated, the team leader must make the changes before the next match starts.
5.1.5 - The team leaders MUST confirm the players list numbers for the match on the mobile app in possession of the Field Marshall, before the match starts to avoid any mistakes on the match incidences.
5.1.6 - All players on the team list are considered as if they have participated in the match.
5.1.7 - Random controls of team lists and Participants lists will be carried out.
- 5.2 - Players' Equipment:
5.2.1 - Numbers on jerseys is MANDATORY.
220.127.116.11 - If the player does not have a number on the jersey, he/she will need to add "manually" a number with a ribbon or will not be allowed to play the match.
5.2.2 - The number of players on the match sheet must match the numbers on the jerseys.
5.2.3 - Two players from the same team cannot use the same number in the match.
5.1.4 - The number that each player has on the team list must be the same as the number on the shirt.
5.2.5 - If a player changes the number`s shirt from the previous game, this information must be updated on the online match sheet with the field staff prior to the start of the match.
5.2.6 - No player can change numbers during the same match. Failure to comply with this rule will give the player a yellow card and will need to leave the pitch to wear the appropriate jersey.
18.104.22.168 - The player can only re-enter the match when he or her is using an authorized jersey number and with the referee's consent.
5.2.7 - If the teams use the same equipment color, the choice of who changes equipment, will be made with ta coin toss challange. Whoever loses will have to change equipment.
5.2.8 - The use of shinguard is mandatory in all the matches.
5.2.9 - The use of aluminium studs is only allowed for goalkeepers of 11-a-side categories (11vs11). All other players are forbidden from using this type of football boots. The use of aluminium studs on artificial turf fields is expressly prohibited.
5.3 - Before and after the match:
5.3.1 - All teams should be ready at the field no later than 15 minutes before kick-off with valid documents for the age control, in case they are asked.
5.3.2 - All team leaders or coaches will have to immediately after the end of each match, validate the online match sheet with their PIN that is available in the myteam info area on the website. Failure to validate may result in a notification from the IberCup jury.
5.4 - MatchBalls
5.4.1 - All matches of 11v11 are played using size 5.
5.4.2 - For 5v5, 7v7 and 9v9 all matches will use size 4.
5.4.3 - The organization will provide official match balls for the matches but the teams must bring also their own match balls.
5.4.4 - The organization do not provide match balls for warming up before the matches.
6 - Registration - Team Roster - Age Control
- 6.1 - Players Registration
6.1.1 - The team manager will have access to the My Team Info area as soon as the first payment or deposit is made, which will allow you to register your players in advance in the system.
6.1.2 - By enrolling players in the system they will have access to various features and options such as access to raffle tickets (only available in some countries), upload the profile photo, players stickers album, world ranking, payments and recharges for the cashless system account for purchases of our products or payments in partners, access to the Iber Social Network and fundraising system (only available in some countries).
6.1.3 - In order for players to be officially registered and have access to the digital player card to participate in the competition, all payments must be made.
6.1.4 - Before sending the players documents to the organization to confirm their identification, they must already be managed online individually and with the player's photo uploaded in their profile.
22.214.171.124 - The players online managment can be made as soon as the team manager receives the login to access the My Team Info area and enter the basic information of the participants online, so that they can be managed individualy on the website by their parents.
6.1.3 - In order for players to be officially registered and have access to the virtual player card to participate in the competition, all payments must be made,
6.1.4 - Before sending the players documents to the organization to confirm their identification, they must already be managed online individually and with the player's photo uploaded in their profile.
126.96.36.199 - The managment of the online player can be made as soon as the team manager receives the login to access the My Team Info area and enter the basic information of the participants online, so that they can be managed on the website.
188.8.131.52 - The player's management on the website competition, will be the responsibility of his/her guardian so that the final information of the player is added to their profile and the player's registration can finally be validated through online accreditation.
184.108.40.206 - If the player does not make the accreditation following the steps indicated, the player will not be allowed to participate.
220.127.116.11 - The organization only accepts registrations from players in the competition up to 30 days before the competition starts, deadline for sending players' documents to the organization so that it can be verified and authorized to participate through the online accreditation process.
18.104.22.168 - Please note that in previous editions some players were prevented from participating because their team leaders has not respected the deadline for this process, and the players is thus prevented from participating and all fees received will be lost.
6.2 - Online Accreditation:
6.2.1 - Team leaders must send to the organization, no later than 30 days before the start of the competition, the digital documents from the players by e-mail or by WhatsApp, and in case they also have rooming lists for the accommodation applies the same period of 30 days.
22.214.171.124 - After this date we will charge an additional fee of R$ 30 per player in case they do not have accommodation, and R$ 60 per person in case they have accommodation.
126.96.36.199 - Please note that the special extra period for exceptional situations, and we can accept online accreditations outside the 30-day limit, are a maximum of 5 additional days.
6.2.2 - The organization accepts the players registration with all documents submitted and proceeds to the online accreditation through the list of players registered on the website, verifying the information of all registred participants along with the documents sent by the team manager through WhatsApp or email to the organization.
6.2.3 - If there are some players who at the time of confirmation do not yet have their photo uploaded in the system, they will not have their accreditation accepeted and we will not be generated the digital players card of the competition that allows the participation in the competition, until the documents are confirmed along with the photo uploaded in the system.
6.2.4 - Players who are not verified in online accreditation (The player's photo needs to be in the system at the time of confirmation in backoffice by the organization), will be prevented from participating even if they present themselves on the day of the match with some personal identification document.
6.2.5 - Valid documents are:
188.8.131.52 - For teams from Brazil we accept the players card of the local football association to which they belong or the citizen card.
184.108.40.206 - For foreign teams we will only accept as player’s identification a valid identification card (legal card by a government institution and plastic-coated).
220.127.116.11.1 - This card must have the full name, photo, identification number and birthday. This document must always be used with the player´s passport.
18.104.22.168.2 - Players traveling from countries where there is no obligation to present a passport to enter Brazil, the organization will only need a valid ID card (legal card of a government institution and plastic-coated).
22.214.171.124.3 - During the check-in, the organization will ask to the teams for the insurance documentation, which must cover the participants till the end of the tournament. In case this document would not be provided, the team cannot participate in the competition.
6.3 - Face-to-face Accreditation:
6.3.1 - The team manager is only authorized to carry out face-to-face accreditation to collect the team kit if the online accreditation process is completed.
6.3.2 - All teams verified and with the accreditation made online, only need to collect the team kit at the competition office, not being necessary to go through long lines on the days reserved for this purpose.
126.96.36.199 - If there is a player with a pending verification by the organization, it can no longer be validated when they go to the office to carry out face-to-face accreditation unless in extreme cases where they need to replace one injured player for another.
6.3.3 - For teams travelling by plane or in their own transport, the team kit can be collected at the competition office (Place to be designated) after they have checked into their accommodations.
6.3.4 - For local teams, the team kit must be collected in the competition office (Venue to be designated) 2 days before the competition.
188.8.131.52 - If any local team manager collects the team kit just 1 day before the competition, he will have to wait in long lines and no priority in relation to the teams with accommodation in the competition and who will do the face-to-face accreditation on that day.
6.3.5 - Only the person in charge of the team needs to be present at face-to-face accreditation to collect the team kit (credentials, bracelets) and receive some important information.
6.3.6 - Teams will only appear visible online on our website in the groups area and match schedules, when the online team accreditation process is complete. Until then the team will not be officially registered and may be excluded from the competition, being replaced by another local team.
6.3.7 - If the team leaders do not carry out face-to-face accreditation, teams may NOT participate in the first match.
6.4 - Age Control:
6.4.1 - The players age control will be carried out through the following procedures:
184.108.40.206 - The team manager must always bring with him for all matches, all player identification documents (valid passport or valid player ID).
220.127.116.11 - Up to 45 min before the start of the match, the team manager must confirm online in the IberCoach App the players numbers, so that the field staff before the start of the match, can validate and check all the digital players card through the IberStaff App, and give an information to the referee to the start the match.
18.104.22.168.1 - The team leader must have this automated procedure for all his matches to avoid any wrong information about the incidences of the match, such as the players number that scored the goal and his assistant.
22.214.171.124.2 - If the team manager does not confirm the players numbers in the official players roster for the match in the IberCoach App, 45 min before the match starts, the match will not be able to start at the scheduled time.
126.96.36.199.3 - The organization may apply a fine of R$ 600 or prevent the team from playing again until this fine is regularized.
188.8.131.52 - Age control with a random checking to the original ID documents can be done at any time.
184.108.40.206.1 - This age control will be carried out through the IberStaff App by reading each player's wristbands and checking the original ID documents from each player.
220.127.116.11.2 - Each player must wear his/her wrist identification bracelet for age control, however he does not need to play with it during the match.
6.4.2 - All teams must be prepared to start the match at least 45 min before the start of the match. This period may serve to confirm the players age with the officials if necessary and also to validate the correct numbers of players' jerseys.
18.104.22.168 - Teams that do not validadte the match sheet 15 min before the match schedule, a Walk Over may be applyed.
6.5 - Bracelets:
6.5.1 - After face-to-face accreditation, all players must wear the identification bracelet around their wrist throughout the competition except when they are playing matches.
6.5.2 - Each player's bracelet matches their profile during the competition.
22.214.171.124 - The bracelet was developed for the following functions:
126.96.36.199.1 - Random control of age during matches, meals control, use local transport, payments in official shops and partners, foodtrucks, access to complexes and exclusive areas, connection to socialnetwork platforms and emergencies.
188.8.131.52 - If any player loses their wristband, they will need to go to the organization's office once again before the next match starts.
184.108.40.206 - The player will NOT be allowed to participate in the next match without the identification bracelet.
220.127.116.11 - The player will NOT be allowed to access the meal centers, official transport or other restricted access areas, without the identification bracelet.
7 - Dispensations
- 7.1 - Dispensations will automatically be given in boys categories to two (2) players per squad and four (4) for girls categories who are maximum one (1) year over aged.
7.1.1 - These dispensations only applies to 11v11 categories.
7.1.2 - For 7v7, no dispensation will automatically be accepted.
7.1.3 - Dispensations for 7v7 teams may be applied by contacting the IberCup office.
7.1.4 - For All Girls categories we automatically accept 4 girls players 1 year averaged.
- 7.2 - Note that you cannot use more over aged players by switching them between matches.
8 - 5v5 - 7v7 - 9v9 Rules
- 8.1 - Competition formats:
8.1.1 - In 5v5 competitions, all categories play with 5 players on the field (one goalkeeper and four players on the field).
8.1.2 - In 7v7 competitions, all categories play with 7 players on the field (one goalkeeper and six players on the field).
8.1.3 - In 9v9 competitions, all categories play with 9 players on the field (one goalkeeper and eight players on the field).
- 8.2 - Offside Rules:
8.2.1 - The offside rule does not apply on the competitions 5v5 and 7v7, except on the Under-13 category, between the goal line and the edge of the penalty box.
8.2.2 - The offside rule applies on the competitions 9v9 but only between the goal line and the edge of the penalty box.
- 8.3 - Goal Kick:
8.3.1 - The goal kick will be taken from the ground, the ball will be placed on any point of the line that delimit the goal area.
8.3.2 - On the goal kick, the game is on as soon as the ball is kicked and clearly moves (Doesn't need to leave the goal area).
8.3.3 - Opponents remain outside the penalty area until the ball is kicked and clearly moves.
8.3.4 - Teammates can be inside the goal area at the time of the goal kick.
8.3.5 - If opponent team enter the goal area before the ball is touched, the throw will be repeated.
- 8.4 - Other Rules:
8.4.1 - Everytime the match starts from the center of the field, it is necessary at least two touches on the ball to validate a goal (i.e. it is not valid a direct shot from the middle of the field, unless the ball touches someone).
8.4.2 - All side throws are played with hands and all corners are played with feet.
8.4.3 - It is not allowed to pass the ball to the goalkeeper and he or she pick up the ball with the hands.
8.4.4 - All other other main referee rules will apply in addition to the above points.
9 - Match Fields
- 9.1 - All the playing fields are grass or artificial turf.
- 9.2 - The fields will be divided into the different complexes in the area.
- 9.3 - In case of bad weather conditions matches may be decided by penalty kicks or coin toss challenge.
- 9.4 - Other fields may be used if the number of teams is much higher than expected.
10 - Match Program
- 10.1 - The organization committee has the right to change the groups, times and fields, at any time before and during the competition.
- 10.2 - In case of any changes, team leaders will be promptly informed, but it is the responsibility of the teams to check on the website 2 hours before the match starts, where it will take place.
- 10.3 - You should consult the match calendars all the time, especially when going to the next stages, as the organization may be forced to make changes to the times and locations of the matches due to logistical requirements.
- 11.1 - All referees are members of the Football Association in their countries.
- 11.2 - All matches in the 11v11 competitions have 2 referees, or 1 referee and 2 assistant referees.
- 11.3 - All matches in the 5v5, 7v7 and 9v9 competitions have 1 referee.
11.3.1 - For the semifinals and finals on the Gold Playoff`s, in the 9x9 competitions and 7v7 - Under-13, the IberCup organization may, if possible, have two assistants in addition to the referee.
- 11.4 - The coordinator for the referees during the tournament will be available at the IberCup office.
12 - Tournament Jury
- 12.1 - The jury of the tournament consists of representatives from Tournaments Abroad.
- 12.2 - The jury handles protests, sanction matters, and unpredictable situations.
12.2.1 - All situations that occur will be analyzed always with “Fair-Play”.
- 12.3 - Tournament Jury decisions cannot be appealed. Notice that the final decision may not correspond to a FIFA rule.
13 - Protest and Sanctions
- 13.1 - All protests must be made in writing by the team manager and delivered to the Jury no later than 90 minutes after the match is finished.
- 13.2 - Protests must be delivered to the Tournament Office.
- 13.3 - Any protest to be analized will have a fee of R$ 350, paid at that time the protest is delivered at the competition office.
13.3.1 - This fee will be returned if the protest is approved.
- 13.4 - Protests that concern referees decisions will not be accepted.
- 13.5 - In all the categories, if a player gets a red card the team can replace this player for another during the match, except on the 11v11 age categories.
- 13.5.1 - The player with the red card can participate in the next match unless the referee reports the incident as very serious. In this case the jury must analyze and define whether or not the player will be suspended for one or more matches.
- 13.5.2 - If a player that is suspended plays in a match, the team with the suspended player loses automatically the match with 0-3.
- 13.6 - Yellow cards are not accumulated.
- 13.7 - Severe offences will be reported to the FA of the nation concerned.
14 - WalkOver
- 14.1 - If a team fails to appear for a match, without a valid reason, can be declared loser by 0-3, after a decision by the jury.
- 14.2 - If a team fails to appear on time due to transport reasons caused by traffic or other, the jury can decide to delay the match (máx 40 min).
14.2.1 - In exceptional situations, the match can be rescheduled for another time in the same day or for the another day, in case there aren`t any venues available when the teams arrive.
- 14.3 - If a team repeatedly fails to appear at the matches, the team may be excluded from the competition.
- 14.3.1 - In special cases, the tournament jury may decide to exclude a team at the first offense, if it finds deliberate to self-benefit or is unfair to another team in the group.
- 14.4 - Any team that misses a match for not showing up (no-show) must pay a fee of €100 to play the next match and continue in the competition.
- 14.5 - If a team fails to appear for the last group match, without a valid reason in their own benefit, can be excluded or relegated to Playoff Silver, after a decision by the jury.
- 14.6 - In case a team does not appear to the match, the organization is not responsible and will not refund any of the teams.
- 14.7 - If a match is canceled for some reason and can’t be played to the end, the jury will decide over these 5 alternatives:
- 14.7.1 - If the match will be replayed from the beginning.
- 14.7.2 - If the match restarts from the minute when it was canceled.
- 14.7.3 - If the result will be fixed as the final result.
- 14.7.4 - If one of the teams wins 3-0.
- 14.7.5 - If both teams lose 0-3.
15 - Standards of Conduct
- 15.1 - Team leaders as indicated on the participants’ roster, are responsible for the conduct from their players in case of damage caused in sport facilities, dressing rooms, hotels, transportation or other facilities.
- 15.2 - In case of damage the team leader should immediately contact the organization staff .
- 15.3 - In case of doubt in the interpretation of the regulations of the tournament, Team leader should contact directly the organization staff .
- 15.4 - Rest time must be respected in the accommodations between 11:00pm and 7:00am.
- 15.5 - The meal timetables must be respected. Teams can miss a meal if they do not follow the meal timetables.
15.1 - In case of match delay or some transport delay, Team leader should inform the organization or the accommodation directly of this situation.
- 15.6 - It is prohibited to travel in transportation without T-shirt.
- 15.7 - Failure to comply with these rules will be dealt with by the tournament organization and may result in exclusion from the competitions, accommodations and loss of the security deposit.
16 - Parents and Supporters Conduct
- 16.1 - The teams are responsible for their supporters conduct during all the competition.
- 16.2 - The teams can lose a match if the referee decides to end the match based on the violent and verbal conduct from their supporters towards the referee.
- 16.3 - The teams can be expelled from the competition at the first incident based on the supporters conduct towards the referee or to the other team and loose the security deposit.
17 - Insurance and Responsibility
- 17.1 - Each player must have a medical insurance (related to his Federation, in case the tournament is the season, or a private one).
- 17.2 - Make sure that all your players are insured both on and off the playing field.
- 17.3 - IberCup does not carry any group insurance protecting participants in case of injury, illness, death, theft or damage to property and does not accept responsibility in any way for accidents, injury, illness, death or economic loss which may arise in the case of war, warlike events, civil war, revolution or civil disturbances or because of the actions of the authorities, strikes, lockouts, blockades, natural disasters, epidemics or similar events.
17.3.1 - These issues will be resolved under the responsibility of the teams or groups and are not the responsibility of IberCup or the local organization.
- 17.4 - Participants from countries that have no medical insurance agreement with Brazil must have personal medical insurance.
- 17.5 - The organization does not assume any responsibility in case of sport equipment theft or personal belongings of participants in the accommodation, transportation or in the sporting venues.
18 - Permissions to Participate in IberCup
- 18.1 - All foreign teams should request to their football federations to send an authorization letter to IberCup (email@example.com) so they can take part in the tournament. In countries where football is operated by the schools we also allow teams affiliated by their school football association to take part in our tournament but they need to send to us an authorization letter from the club.
19 - Water for the matches
- 19.1 - The IberCup staff on the fields may have some botle waters for the teams but its very important that the teams bring their own water for the matches.
- 19.2 - The organisation recommends to buy the bottled water, especially for babies.
- 19.3 - You can always buy some bottle water on site.
20 - Guest Players
- 20.1 - Each team will be allowed to have guest players, who are properly registered through their National and State Association, Federation or any other affiliated organization.
- 20.2 - Players may NOT play for more than one team in the tournament.
- 20.3 - It is the responsibility of the individual player to join a club as a Guest Player.
- 20.4 - The tournament does not have a system to manage that for each individual.
21 - Organization
- 21.1 – Sports Travel Agency – Easy Choice Lda organises The IberCup.